GLFW timer pauses when app loses focus

cozman wrote on Monday, May 17, 2004:

Does the GLFW timer pause when the application loses focus?  I recently converted some code from SDL to GLFW, and in SDL I had to compensate for the time the application was paused, while on GLFW my compensation code made the timer jump backwards it seems.   Is what I am witnessing the fact that the GLFW timer is stopped when the app loses focus?

marcus256 wrote on Tuesday, May 18, 2004:

This is new for me. No, the timer should not be affected by focus changes, and afaik the OS does not differ between focused/non-focused application for the timers that I use.

What platform are you experiencing this on?

Could it be that you are seeing the differences in the resolution of the SDL and GLFW timer?

cozman wrote on Wednesday, May 19, 2004:

Sorry to bother you about this, it was not GLFW at all, I forgot all about an abstraction layer, back in my old code a function named getGlobalTime used to call SDL timer directly, and now it does a little bit of conversion to the GLFW timer format.  I was still using it the old way.   Sorry for reporting an imaginary bug, I’ll be more careful next time.

marcus256 wrote on Wednesday, May 19, 2004:

You realize of course that you will now face severe punishment for wasting precious time for GLFW users and developers alike. :wink: