AmigaOS support

anchor76 wrote on Sunday, February 10, 2013:

Hello,

Is there any chance to get back the AmigaOS support?

elmindreda wrote on Tuesday, March 19, 2013:

If someone were to step up and offer to develop it and maintain it from then on, then yes.

anchor76 wrote on Thursday, August 08, 2013:

Okay, if nobody want to do it, i will. (AROS, MorphOS, and AOS4.x) But i need to finish my current project first. which is based on glfw ofcourse :slight_smile: Just somebody please fix the strange mouse up events when the screen resolution is odd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys, i can see last active chat was on 2013. I was just wondering about amiga port?

Hi @tony,

Welcome to the GLFW forum.

This subject predates this discourse forum and was auto-imported from the old one, so Anchor76 won’t see your post as they are not a user here. I found a user Anchor76 on Github with Amiga in their bio, so they’re likely the same user. However they do not appear to have a public GLFW fork so may not be working on porting to AmigaOS (the timeframe also suggest that).

As @elmindreda mentions a port needs someone to develop it and maintain it from then on. That is a fairly large undertaking.

Cheers,

Doug.

Hi daug,

I port glfw 2.6 to aros

AROS has Full opengl support so it was not difficult at all and aros is based on amiga 3.1 api so all amiga os’es can port from 2.6 but I am failing to compile latest version due to api changes from v2 to v3.

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/Developer/OpenGL

I can maintain AROS port if I can port latest version with some help here…

BTW I ripped amiga part of stormesa.

Thank you…

There’s a contributing to GLFW guide on Github. Much has changed in GLFW from 2 to 3 so a fresh start would be needed with the previous implementation as a guide.

There is a moving from GLFW 2 to 3 guide which might be useful to read to see many of the user facing changes.

A GLFW_PLATFORM_NULL platform exists which could be a good starting place to get compiling and working before attempting to port, and the code can probably be copied and used as an API stub for your work. Creating a fork on Github and then a feature branch would be needed for a PR.

I can’t personally help much beyond this.