VC++ .net 2003

alchemar wrote on Thursday, June 17, 2004:

does this compile on VC++ .net 2003?

marcus256 wrote on Wednesday, July 07, 2004:

I have not tried it, but I think it should. Someone sucessfully tested it on .Net (VC 7.0).

downgraded wrote on Saturday, August 28, 2004:

I’m using it under VC 7.0, compiling is fairly simple from the VS command line prompt.

nobody wrote on Sunday, January 23, 2005:

Yes very easily!

1. Create a new empty .dll project.

2. Copy over the .c and .h files in the "\lib\win32" directory, the .c and .h files in the "\lib" directory, and finally the .h file in the "include\GL" directory

3. Link "opengl32.lib" and "glu32.lib" via project settings.

4. Build in release mode!

slarew wrote on Tuesday, January 25, 2005:

There are two ways to compile GLFW in VC.net 2003. You can do it from the command line or by setting up a VC project. I do it from the command line. Here’s how:

1. Open up a command prompt to your GLFW folder (you’ve extracted already, right?)
2. Find the directory where the compiler is for you VC.net 2003 installation. For me, it is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin”. Locate the file “vcvars32.bat” in there, and drag it onto the command prompt you opened in step 1 (or alternatively type the path to it). Run the script by hitting enter.
3. The command prompt is now aware of the compiler tools. Simply type “nmake” and you should get a list of commands for different compilers and systems. For VC.net 2003, type “nmake win32-msvc” and hit enter.
4. Now you should see output of the commands compiling the files and linking them.
5. Voila! The dll and import library as well as the static link library are in the (glfw folder)\lib\win32 folder.

If you would like more control over things such as the runtime library that it will be linked with or optimization, check out the file "(glfw folder)\lib\win32\Makefile.win32.msvc". Here you can edit the compiler and linker flags.

Hope this was helpful.