SLowdown on ATI

kohaistyle wrote on Thursday, September 02, 2004:

Hi peeps !!

Just to check if other GLFW users are suffering of the same disease …
The GFLW rendering is horribly slow, when launching the app in fullscreen, while it works ok in windowed mode …
On a side note, it also looks like the multiple monitor feature is causing a real pain to GLFW apps, either with Nvidia or ATI cards ( easily fixed by disabling dual view ).

DO you think you can fix this ATI misbehaviour, or do you have any hints ???

Thx a lot, and congratulations for the work already done …
Really waiting for the next release !

kohaistyle wrote on Saturday, September 04, 2004:

Allright ! on the same complaining tone ( please bear : i’m not complaining, just asking ! ^^ ), has GLFW some  z-buffer issues ???

Because when i’m compiling an app with GLFW, i have some Z-buffer artefacts, while the GLUT version displays the mesh just fine … ( with the exact same source code, apart from the glut/glfw calls )

Is this a known fact ?

nobody wrote on Monday, September 06, 2004:

Yes, I just down loaded glfw to try it.  The particles demo runs about 1.9 fps when fullscreen on my P4 2.2 Ghz with Radon 9800.  I recomplied it to run in windowed mode and it runs 574 fps.

nobody wrote on Monday, September 06, 2004:

Definately has to do with multi-monitor mode.  When I disable the multi monitor mode the demo runs fast in fullscreen.

marcus256 wrote on Friday, September 17, 2004:

Multimonitor support is something that I am looking into. It almost made it into 2.5 (not yet released), but will probably be in 2.6.