Large fullscreen (multiple display) problem

nobody wrote on Tuesday, March 01, 2005:

I have an application that is trying to create a fullscreen (not windowed) that is 2944x1200 in size (that represents two monitors – one 1920x1200 and one 1024x768). I configured windows XP to treat the two monitors as one (extend windows onto second display). What GLFW seems to do is squash everything onto just the 1920x1200 monitor. Is this a limitation or is there something I can do to get it to render to the full 2944x1200 size?

nobody wrote on Friday, March 04, 2005:

Well, as far i know, this is a normal behaviour … Multi-monitor is not yet supported in GLFW, indeed your very large resolution might get squasehd on monitor instead …

Marcus said he has some tests running, so multi-monitor detection/setup might pop-up sooner or later :slight_smile:

marcus256 wrote on Saturday, March 05, 2005:

Multi-monitor support is not quite there yet. I have done some changes to make GLFW 2.5 work properly on ATI cards in multi monitor configurations (i.e. HW rendering instead of SW rendering).

As it is now, GLFW uses the "old style" Win32 API way to determine screen sizes etc., so there is reallly no logic there to differ between single and multiple monitor displays. In the future, there will be "true" multi monitor display support, so you can specify which monitor to put your window on, for instance.