Added multisampling to GLFW - Alxx

nobody wrote on Tuesday, September 21, 2004:

Hi everybody. I’m using exclusive selfmade version of GLFW that supports new hint GLFW_SAMPLES and sets corresponding mode with multisampling (Win32-version is the only that recognizes the hint, but support for linux is possible). I sent message to the author, didn’t get anything. Could be good addition for new release.
Yet one - more hints are possible (unresizable window, window with no borders etc.) Hints are optional, any version that cannot support them is free to ignore. Your fantasy is welcome.

marcus256 wrote on Wednesday, September 22, 2004:

Hi Alxx!

I have replied to your mail now. I had trouble with my SMTP server not being able to deliver the mail to you the other day, so I tried it again yesterday.

In any case, I am very interested in your work.

nobody wrote on Saturday, April 02, 2005:

So did anything come of this? I assume GLFW 2.4.2 doesn’t support multisampling since that’s something that needs to be specified at window creation time?

kohaistyle wrote on Tuesday, August 30, 2005:

Any news about multisampling ? that would be a great addition to GLFW codebase ( i browsed the CVS but didn’t see any changes regarding this :frowning: )

nobody wrote on Friday, September 16, 2005:

the stuff about controlling window flags (unresizable, no maximize/minimize button etc.) should have been implemented long ago in the mode-flags of glfwOpenWindow…

kohaistyle wrote on Monday, September 19, 2005:

If ALxx is still ‘reading’ this thread, could he post his GLFW mod. somewhere ??
I’m dying to have multi-sampling support !

Please, please :slight_smile:

nobody wrote on Sunday, January 08, 2006:

Alxx
Yes, people, I’m still here… I was disappointed slightly finding the absence of multisampling in our belowed GLFW 2.5.0, so I’m still using my ‘mod’. If someone wishes, I can email changed files, so you can build 2.4.2 AA version (but you have to publish them yourself).

kohaistyle wrote on Sunday, January 08, 2006:

i want, i want ! :slight_smile:

Mail at : kohai[at]kohaistyle[dot]com

Thx a bunch !

elmindreda wrote on Sunday, January 08, 2006:

Yes, please. I’d be very interested in seeing that code. Could you send it to my SF.net address?

nobody wrote on Sunday, January 08, 2006:

Can you send it to me also?
My email: martins.mozeiko@gmail.com

Thnx

nobody wrote on Friday, January 13, 2006:

Hi!

I am interested too: gero.mueller@cloo.de
Thanks alot!

stephen-d wrote on Tuesday, April 11, 2006:

I am also interested in this, please can you email it to stephen-d at users.sourceforge.net.

Thanks
Stephen