Window flags for minimize/close/maximize

nobody wrote on Friday, September 16, 2005:

Why aren’t they there anyway? This belongs to basic windowing API functions, really.

I’ve tried e-mailing Geelnard about these features but he hasn’t replied to my e-mail despite that it has been 2.5 months since I sent it… Any clue on if he has totally dropped the GLFW project or what?

nobody wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2005:

Use the win32 API for this kind of stuff.

nobody wrote on Wednesday, September 28, 2005:

I’m sad to hear that your world begins and ends with windows :wink: Keep in mind that some of us develop under unix, mac os x etc.

But, regardless what platform, the issue is still that the windowing API of GLFW is lacking at this point - if you use the native GLFW function for opening screens/windows, you should also be able to control the most basic things of the window; wether or not it can be resized, minimized etc.

Using GLFW to make your code as transparent as possible to compile under other platforms fails blatantly and becomes pointless if you have to use arbitrary platform-specific code to afterhand modify the window handler to control to minimize/resize etc.

…duh!

elmindreda wrote on Saturday, November 12, 2005:

Gosh, I wish I knew. I’ve been trying to reach him for a lot longer than that, but haven’t got any reply. I will try to get in touch with the other maintainers.