Opengl software rendering

can glfw run opengl in software rendering? Maybe I call it wrong but I want support some notebooks with graphic cards which don’t run opengl.
My application is only 2D gui, I hope software rendering don’t slow my application much.

Yes, glfw works fine with software OpenGL implementations. I have successfully used in on Linux and Windows with mesa llvmpipe backend. SwithShader and Angle probably also works (only with OpenGL ES), but I have not tried them.

thanks, I try it.

and can I use both? Hardware and software r. inside one application? I mean when OpenGL is not available, then software rendering will be used.

Note that GLFW does not provide a software OpenGL implementation. You will need to provide one.

I was thinking about having the Windows generic renderer as a backup. Could we request that?

Here someone was requesting a change to be able to choose software OpenGL if available.:

Anyone know about progress?
thanks
andy

I suggest dropping OpenGL32.dll from mesa next to executable is better option than Windows generic renderer.

We prefer to have several options. As far as I can see, someone started working on this. I wonder if it could be finished, or if something turned up to make it not work.

thanks
andy