Nehe's Tutorials

nobody wrote on Friday, December 23, 2005:

There are loads of conversions in different languages and frameworks available for famous NeHe’s Tutorials. By chance, are there any conversion using GLFW?

Ref: http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Thanks.

elmindreda wrote on Friday, December 23, 2005:

At present, no, not that I know of. There should be, though.

epsilondelta wrote on Saturday, December 24, 2005:

I believe I started working on a few of these for the D language. I guess I didn’t get too far into it beyond the first couple tutorials. But glfw is one of the easier opengl interfaces to use. It’s a shame that more examples don’t use the library.

epsilondelta wrote on Saturday, December 24, 2005:

Okay, I found it. It was only lesson 37 that I had ported over to glfw and D. Worked great, though!

- John

nobody wrote on Tuesday, January 24, 2006:

The OpenGL portions of the tutorials (which is all of the tutorial, so to speak :slight_smile: aren’t platform specific, you know, so with some rudimentary programming skills you can easily just rip the GL bits out and put in your GLFW implementation. Some of the things use win32 specific stuff, though, like the window callback procedures and blahblah. Then again, the tutorials actually teach you OpenGL itself, not win32 specifics etc. :slight_smile:

pjreddie wrote on Tuesday, March 12, 2013:

In case anyone else comes across this post, I’ve started porting NeHe’s tutorials to glfw, you can find details on my website and you can find the project on github.

- Joe