Library names per desktop enviroment

I’d like glfw to switch from fixed libglfw.so on linux to libglfw-x11.so etc and make libglfw.so just a wrapper library that searches for them, hooks them, then calls whatever internal initialiser it deems suitable such as libGlfwSubInit(), by doing so can resolve the common issue of “wrong library” by just trying each of those in turn until one succeeds or you run out of libraries to search for and try, take this example of output from my own wrapper I’m developing:

Attempting to bind library 'libpawwfx-glfw.so'...
Searching for 'libglfw-x11.so'...
Not found, attempting to open instead...
Searching for 'libglfw-wayland.so'...
Searching for 'libglfw.so'...
Hook acquired, attempting to initialise...
Success!
Generating library path with libpawvfx-glew.so...
Attempting to bind library 'libpawvfx-glew.so'...
Searching for 'libGLEW.so'...
Hook acquired, attempting to initialise...
Success!
Launching Graphics Tests...

If making glfw a wrapper to them is not possible then make it a symlink to libglfw-x11.so etc, that way the distros can allow multiple desktop environments more easily while also maintaining backwards compatibility for old software that doesn’t support searching for the right library for the DE they’re in.

My understanding is that GLFW has moved to runtime selection of the platform via the GLFW_PLATFORM init hint :

So there won’t be separate libraries for X11 and Wayland anymore once this has been released.

Forgot about this post, thanks for letting me know, I’ll target that in future when it’s released, I’ll let devs of the desktop environments just compile their own version instead, they can just install/uninstall libpawwfx-glfw-x11.so etc with paw --install-lib <source_path> & paw --remove-lib for libpawwfx.so to search for prior to the generic one, that should resolve the issue