Glfw evolution

nobody wrote on Monday, August 22, 2005:

I was starting to look at GLFW. If it is only a single window, then I’m disappointed.

I’ve been working on a member of the GLUT family off and on. In many ways, GLFW seems like the common core of what I really want from GLUT-like libraries. But I want more than one window. (^&

(I am a bit biased towards the other project, having put time into it. But if GLFW would do what I truly want, I’d have a lot less interest in the other project.)

Side note: I notice that GLFW does not include any font support. That’s fine. Part of what I’ve been doing on said GLUT-family-member was separating out unrelated parts of the API. Fonts were one of the “satellite” bits that I have separated from the core—the very idea being to let the core work without the fonts OR the fonts to be used without “my” core.

While the GLUT concept of fonts is pretty limited, the GLUT-style fonts may be of interest to GLFW users who don’t want the rest of a GLUT API pulled in.

Just a FYI. (^&

(Hm. Not sure why I’m not presently logged in; my SourceForge userid is rkrolib; my name is Richard Rauch. But I’m not going to try to login & retype this post, so this comment is formally anonymous. Sorry.)

rkrolib wrote on Monday, August 22, 2005:

(Oh, BTW: That really was me replying just a moment ago. (^&)

peterpp wrote on Saturday, January 28, 2006:

I this project still alive?

elmindreda wrote on Friday, July 28, 2006:

It’s alive again now, yes.