Does using Boost with GLFW break it?

Hi,

I’m currently getting unresolved external errors after getting boost working in my project. I am using:

Visual Studio Community 2015
Windows 10 Pro
Built GLFW from source

I know that I am telling VS where to find the libs and headers, but I keep getting glfw*() unresolved externals. I literally have no idea what is going on. I have even placed all libs in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\lib\amd64

Right now, here is the current state of the project in its very early messy stage just to get things going.

What could I be doing wrong? I have even followed instruction on this forum for what I could find and still no joy.

Thanks in advance.

Boost works fine with glfw.

First of all - you shouldn’t place any libraries (or include, or other files) in Visual Studio folder under Program Files. Place them in your project folder and adjust include and library path in project or build system settings.

If you are getting unresolved externals for glfw* functions, that means you are not linking to glfw3.lib or glfw3dll.lib file. Make sure you do that.

Yeah, thanks. I’ve tried all that. Actually putting the libs in the VS development libs folder was my last resort incase I was missing something in my project settings. Unless I am not building the gflw libs correctly or something.

Moved the libs outside VS and into project tree structure. The problem was that I was building x64 instead of x86.

Thanks anyway.