SSL certificate problem

vharron wrote on Saturday, January 04, 2014:

The link to the developer’s mailing list webpage on

http://www.glfw.org/community.html

Has an invalid SSL certificate. Chrome flat out refuses to load it. (I bet I could go spelunking into the Chrome settings to change this, but I’d like you to know.) Full error message follows.

Sincerely,

Vince

Cannot connect to the real lists.stacken.kth.se

Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to lists.stacken.kth.se.

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you were to visit lists.stacken.kth.se right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real lists.stacken.kth.se.

LessReload

What does this mean?

lists.stacken.kth.se normally uses encryption (SSL) to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to lists.stacken.kth.se this time, lists.stacken.kth.se returned unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be lists.stacken.kth.se, or a Wi-Fi login screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later. You can also try switching to another network.

Technical details

The certificate that Chrome received during this connection attempt is not formatted correctly, so Chrome cannot use it to protect your information.
Error type: Malformed certificate
Subject: vingummi.stacken.kth.se
Issuer: Stacken
Public key hashes: sha1/7LGbasyGe8+Y7DmF081RqtUflf8= sha256/xBOuoqTI6aLBAlmKnrwhxApN/QeG8TDmNKrrwb+4cCM= sha1/Cs+9LY7huhUsUuuEeCIYFMfD0PM= sha256/oYH4kzapzbqXoh1eCF2KBeSvmHZQM5skn0jA0pzgj0E=