Set video mode in fullscreen

miran46 wrote on Sunday, September 08, 2013:

Is it possible to set the fullscreen video mode in GLFW 3.0.2?

The problem is that the preferred video mode is probably read from the EDID information which doesn’t always match the desktop settings. In my case the video mode of the desktop is set to 1920x1200@60Hz. The monitor (projector) supports up to 1920x1200@120Hz. When I enter the fullscreen mode the desktop is re-scaled from 60 Hz to 120 Hz. How do I prevent this?

I the meanwhile I create a borderless window instead with the same dimensions as the desktop but this is not the best solution since I can’t set to the top-most property which is set in the full-screen mode.

elmindreda wrote on Sunday, September 08, 2013:

The video mode information used by GLFW is provided by the standard Win32 API. I have no idea why changing the video mode of the projector would affect the refresh rate of another monitor.

miran46 wrote on Sunday, September 08, 2013:

Hi, I solved it… To clarify I only have one GLFW monitor (projector) that supports 120 Hz but my graphics card settings for the desktop was set to 60Hz. I totally overlooked the GLFW_REFRESH_RATE hint. Now the fullscreen application should run in 60Hz instead of 120Hz.
It was a bit stupid of me… =)

elmindreda wrote on Sunday, September 08, 2013:

Sorry, that was sloppy reading on my part. I’m glad you found the solution and that GLFW works. :slight_smile: