Regarding anti alias and vsync

o-san wrote on Friday, October 25, 2013:

Thanks for glfw3, works great! I am just struggling with a few minor issues. I am unable to get anti-alias and vsync in 3.0 (both worked in 2.x). I am using:

glfwWindowHint(GLFW_SAMPLES,2)
glfwSwapInterval(1)
I can get around the vsync issue if I force it on from catalyst, this however wasn't needed in 2.x.

Also, how do I query for number of samples when rendering with anti-alias? in 2.x I could get the number of samples by calling:

glfwGetWindowParam(GLFW_FSAA_SAMPLES)

As I understand I should use:

glfwGetWindowAttrib(Handle, GLFW_SAMPLES)
…but this gives error “Invalid argument for enum parameter”. I’m using Win7, radeon hd7750.

Thank you for reading, any insights into this would be appreciated.

elmindreda wrote on Friday, October 25, 2013:

For the first issue, see the GLFW_USE_DWM_SWAP_INTERVAL CMake option.

For the second, GLFW_SAMPLES is not a window attribute. Use glGetInteger.

elmindreda wrote on Friday, October 25, 2013:

The token is called GL_SAMPLES.

o-san wrote on Friday, October 25, 2013:

Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried the DWM option in cmake, no luck… frame drop to around 10-15fps.

elmindreda wrote on Saturday, October 26, 2013:

Does multisampling work with the fsaa test?

o-san wrote on Wednesday, October 30, 2013:

fsaa tests does not work, the console reports four samples but both the squeares have jagged edges.

[edit]
The Anti alias option in the Catalyst control center is set to “Use application settings” and v-sync is set to “Off unless application specifies”
[/edit]

o-san wrote on Wednesday, October 30, 2013:

This post is going a bit off topic, anyway… I got both 2.7.9 and 3.0.3 installed on my system. I tried the fsaa demo in both “tests” folders.

The 2.7.9 program displayed two anti aliased quads using the same CatalystCC settings as the 3.0.3 program (Use application settings). I guess one of the quads should be rendered with anti alias on and the other one not… judging from the source.

Thanks for looking into this!