OS X main menu not showing at startup

xdread wrote on Thursday, March 06, 2014:

Upon application start, no menu is shown, just an unclickable version of the previous app’s menu. Making a different app focus, then reactivating the app, makes the menu show.

This bug is just mildly annoying, not a big deal. I have tried to make a temporary fix by using glfw3native’s GetCocoaWindow and orderFrontAndMakeKey, minimizing, maximizing, orderBack, etc, and also manually enabling menu items. No go. I am not sure why the menu doesn’t show until you switch focus back and forth.

elmindreda wrote on Thursday, March 06, 2014:

Make a bundle for your application and it’ll work.

xdread wrote on Friday, March 07, 2014:

Thank you for your answer. Not sure how I bundle a project that was set up as a C++ console application, but I will try to make a Cocoa application and copy the files and adjust the settings to fit my project to see if I can make it that way.

elmindreda wrote on Friday, March 07, 2014:

Ah, if it’s supposed to be a console program then there’s not much to be done. Apple sporadically breaks the ability of console programs to create windows in a sane fashion. I’ll see if I can find a better workaround. Until then, your native API fix is probably the best choice.