Library Linking Errors with VS 2005 Solution

dbrust wrote on Saturday, December 20, 2008:

Hello,

I’d love try out this library, but I’m getting some linking errors when trying to compile GLFW. The solution opens fine in VS 2005, but building gives the following linking errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: GLFWDLL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking…
1> Creating library C:\Users\dbrust\Desktop\glfw-2.6\glfw\support\msvc80\Debug\GLFWDLL.lib and object C:\Users\dbrust\Desktop\glfw-2.6\glfw\support\msvc80\Debug\GLFWDLL.exp
1>win32_init.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwEnable@4 referenced in function __glfwPlatformTerminate
1>win32_window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glfwEnable@4
1>window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glfwEnable@4
1>win32_window.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwDisable@4 referenced in function __glfwWindowCallback@16
1>window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glfwDisable@4
1>C:\Users\dbrust\Desktop\glfw-2.6\glfw\support\msvc80\Debug\GLFWDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\dbrust\Desktop\glfw-2.6\glfw\support\msvc80\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>GLFWDLL - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Darren

elmindreda wrote on Saturday, December 20, 2008:

That’s a known bug caused by me messing up the VC project files. The fix is in Subversion and I’m trying to get a release out that makes it official.

dbrust wrote on Monday, December 22, 2008:

Thanks for the info. I checked in SVN on the trunk, but there is only the initial check in. I wasn’t able to find it elsewhere. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Darren

elmindreda wrote on Monday, December 22, 2008:

The fix may well have been committed before the conversion from CVS.