Problems installing GLFW - Visual Studio 2015

Hi everyone!, I have spent hours trying to compile the following example.
Steps I followed with both flavours, 32 and 64 bits.

1- Downloaded pre compiled binaries, unzipped them in a GLFW folder.
2- I set the include directories pointin to the carpet that contains the .h
3- I set the library directory pointing to where the .dll are.
4 - linker - inputs: added the following libs: opengl32.lib, glfw3.lib, glfw3dll.lib.
5- I copy the library file to where my main.cpp file is (project folder) - glfw3.dll

#define GLFW_BUILD // I commented  this line, it doesn´t change anything

#include <GLFW/glfw3.h>

int main(void)
{
	GLFWwindow* window;

/* Initialize the library */
	if (!glfwInit())
		return -1;

/* Create a windowed mode window and its OpenGL context */
	window = glfwCreateWindow(640, 480, "Hello World", NULL, NULL);
	if (!window)
	{
		glfwTerminate();
		return -1;
	}

/* Make the window's context current */
	glfwMakeContextCurrent(window);

/* Loop until the user closes the window */
	while (!glfwWindowShouldClose(window))
	{
		/* Render here */
		//glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

///* Swap front and back buffers */
		//glfwSwapBuffers(window);

///* Poll for and process events */
		//glfwPollEvents();
	}

glfwTerminate();
	return 0;
}

However I have these kind of messages:

• cannot open source file “GLFW/glfw3.h” GLFW32b c:\Users\kovicic\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\GLFW32b\GLFW32b\main.cpp
  • identifier “GLFWwindow” is undefined GLFW32b c:\Users\kovicic\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\GLFW32b\GLFW32b\main.cpp 8
  • the same as the line above for every GLFW function.

I´ve been followed any tutorial I´ve seen. Nothing seems to help.
I compiled the source (CMake) and generate the libraries, no change though.

SO: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

Any ideas? I appreciate too much any hint. Is frustrating spending more time trying to set up a library rather than trying to learning.
Thanks in advance.
Best!

This error means that you have not set include path to correct folder.
For example, If your glfw3.h file is in C:\MyFolder\GLFW\glfw3.h location, that means your include path must be set to C:\MyFolder. It can be also a relative path from folder where is your project file (vcxproj).

You don’t need to define GLFW_BUILD. It is used only internally in glfw when building it from source.
And you need only one of these libraries - glfw3.lib, glfw3dll.lib. Not both of them. One is for static linking, other is for dynamic.

Thanks for your reply @mmozeiko. Actually I set the directory as I stated in my previous post, I checked and it points to the right one.
For instance, in the example you mentioned, I “set” the include directory to:
_C:\MyFolder\GLFW_

The closer I´ve been is with the x64 version, it compiles, but it throws the following errors:

Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\xinput1_3.dll'
'GLFWTest.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dinput8.dll'
'GLFWTest.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\hid.dll'
'GLFWTest.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll'

However, I have these files twice under Windows, for the 32 and 64 version.
(Actually I commented out GLFW_BUILD, nothing changed).

For instance, by doing the same procedure I can run freeglut examples. So, I don´t tend to think is something related with the include/library directories. I am totally clueless actually.

Are you sure you have glfw3.h file in C:\MyFolder\GLFW\GLFW\glfw3.h location?
If it is in C:\MyFolder\GLFW\glfw3.h location you need to use C:\MyFolder and NOT C:\MyFolder\GLFW as include path. If you include path is X, and you say #include <a\b.h> then compiler will look for this file in “X\a\b.h” location.

Unloaded messages in output window are normal. On 64-bit Windows 64-bit dll files are inside C:\Windows\System32 folder.

@mmozeiko Thanks for your response. My bad I didn´t clarify things correctly.
If I add as the include library the C:\MyFolder\GLFW folder, then in my code I write without the folder prefix name:
#include <glfw3.h>

In case I put C:\MyFolder in the include library, my code is in this way:
#include <GLFW/glfw3.h>

I am sure I am pointing to the correct place since glfw3,h is under the C:\MyFolder\GLFW directory.
I tryed both ways, it doesn´t compile well for 32 bits, claiming it couldn´t find the .h files.

I am almost sure my error isn´t about .h locations, but I don´t know what else to try. I even updated visual c ++
common tools.

Step 2: I tryed the 64 bit precompiled libraries.
As for the messages about complaining that it couldn´t load some 32 bits files, amazes me, because all these files are there. Why they cannot be loaded?
(I come from linux, I didn´t know the 64 bit dll files were under System32…confusing to say the least).
I seemed it´s the cause for not to make the example work.