This is a very strange issue. I’ve used this skeleton code on other platforms (Windows, macOS) but when I run it on Linux (Debian, amdgpu drivers) the entire screen goes black (almost like it’s changing the resolution, but that doesn’t make any sense). Here is a Pastebin of the code I’m using. I use libepoxy for OpenGL functions.
If I call
glfwSwapInterval(0) then the window opens normally. If I call
glfwSwapInterval(10) then the screen flashes black and recovers, then about 10 seconds or so later the screen flashes black again. If I comment out
glfwSwapBuffers then the window opens normally, but I’m wondering if it’s somewhere in my configuration that is causing this.
I built the tests and they run normally, which is why I’m confused by this.