Avoid GLX calls

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to use GLFW/OpenFrameworks in a ARMv7 board (Apalis iMX6, based on NXPs iMX6), but I didn’t have much luck. I’ve tried getting some help from the OF community but nobody answered me since I opened the question so I thought about maybe trying here.

The thing is that this board does not offer GLX support at all, and that is where the problems arise, since my compiled program tries to use but it just fails:

root@apalis-imx6:~# ./polygonExample 
    [ error ] ofAppGLFWWindow: 65542: GLX: OpenGL ES requested but GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile is unavailable
    [ error ] ofAppGLFWWindow: couldn't create GLFW window
    polygonExample: /usr/src/debug/glfw3/3.2-r0/git/src/window.c:411: glfwWindowShouldClose: Assertion `window != NULL' failed.
    polygonExample: /usr/src/debug/glfw3/3.2-r0/git/src/window.c:420: glfwSetWindowShouldClose: Assertion `window != NULL' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)

My idea is to simply avoid using GLX (in favour of EGL) but I couldn’t find any information about doing so.
Would anyone have an idea on how to do so? :slight_smile:

Thanks and regards,
Alvaro.

GLFW will use EGL instead of GLX if you set the GLFW_CONTEXT_CREATION_API window hint to GLFW_EGL_CONTEXT_API.